Japanese citizens who will travel to Canada, has an obligation to complete the travel documents required by the destination country. Below are the provisions that must be considered.

Normal passport: Japan (JP)
Destination: Canada (CA)

Japanese citizens passport and other documents accepted for entry, must be valid for the period of intended stay in Canada.

Visa required, except for Nationals of Japan with an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). They are visa exempt for a maximum stay of 6 months.

1. For minors if a travel document issued by Canada to minors under 16 years of age displays "Signature Not Required/non requise" on the bio-data page, the child is not required to sign. Parent/legal guardian must not sign this travel document under any circumstances. Canadian passports and other Canadian travel documents must only be signed by the person whose name appears in the travel document.
2. Parens traveling with a child under 18 years are strongly advised to hold documentation containing evidence that the child is theirs. Parents who are separated or divorced are advised to keep legal and other relevant documents available, in order to clarify custody rights. All children irrespective of nationality traveling alone or with adults that have no legal custody over them, are also strongly advised to hold a letter of travel consent signed by a legal guardian or parrent with legal custody, containing:
- Authorization to travel (with another person, when applicable) and to be outside the country.
- Destination in Canada, also indicating length of stay.
- The signor's address and phone details
3. Visitors are required to hold proff of sufficient funds to cover their stay and document required for their next destination after Canada.
4. Visitors traveling for business purposes are recommended to hold documents such as letters of invitation from the Canadian host business, letters of support from employer, copy of bills or contracts supporting the visit and contact details of the host business in Canada, in order to facilate entry procedure.

- Dual nationals of Canada, must travel with a passport issued by Canada. This does not apply to nationals of Japan with a special authorization obtained before departure at www.canada.ca/can-fly
- Visitor not holding return/onward ticket could be refused to entry
- If Japanese citizens departing from the USA (regardless of any destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or accepted departure document is required by the US immigration authorities.

Post a Comment


Powered by themekiller.com