Travel documents requirement for citizens of United States who will entering Viet Nam.
Normal passport: USA (US)
- Passport must be valid for minimum of 6 months from arrival date at Viet Nam.
- If entry to Viet Nam using visa, expired date of passport must be minimum 30 days beyond the expired date mentioned at the visa.
- Basically American citizens need visa to enter Vietnam before departure.
- Exceptions to not need a visa, only given to American citizens were arriving in Phu Quoc airport (PQC). Maximum stay of 30 days.
- For passengers arriving at Hanoi airport (HAN) and Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) can also get free visa facility if they have connecting domestic flight to Phu Quoc airport (PQC) on the same day, with confirm ticket proof. Free visas will be granted for a maximum stay of 30 days. In this condition, the immigration clearance will be conducted in SGN and HAN, than pax should go to domestic terminal for their connecting flight to PQC.
- Visa before departure can be replaced with visa on arrival with term on departure passengers have holding Visa exemption issued by Viet Nam (granted max stay of 90 days), or holding confirmation letter that visa has been approved issued in Hanoi (HAN) by the Vietnamese Immigration (Ministry of Public Security). Under this conditions visa on arrival can be obtain at Hanoi (HAN), Nha Trang (CXR), Da Nang (DAD) or Ho Chi Minh City (SGN).
Visitor passengers who not holding return ticket or ticket out of Viet Nam, could be refused to entry by immigration on arrival.